Saturday 21 August 2010

New World record for blog post mistakes

I set a new World record for knee-jerk inaccuracy in blogging yesterday with my post on the worst MP of the new intake. In the original post I got the year wrong, spelt Yasmin Qureshi's name wrong, falsely attributed something someone else had done to her and then found out that the story was wrong anyway.

I have published her response in an amended original post to clarify things but of course the damage has been done now as many people will have read the original post and may never see the revised version. Perhaps I should write a completely new post to clear things up? No, won't bother as it might make me look stupid. I'll just blithely say that "perhaps" I shouldn't believe everything I read in the papers. Sounds obvious but hasn't stopped me being caught out countless times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment